Everything and Nothing


When I look at you, I see inside you.
Your pupils are like black holes; an inescapable force that not even light can resist.
I am past the point of no return, falling weightlessly into the mysterious beyond.
On the other side I see myself. I see you. We are together.

We do everything, we do nothing. 
Whatever it is, or is not, we are together.
As our lifetime flashes before me, I am nudged out of my trance at your command.
There are your eyes again; the windows to the soul I've just witnessed conjoined with mine in that alternate reality. 

They sparkle like gems, piercing mine as though they acknowledge what I have seen.
We have just shared something that cannot be expressed.
So we just stare, savoring the moment.
It never happened, it just happened.
We've shared nothing, we've shared everything.

Comments